WFAA Summer Training
WFAA is pleased to announce dates for Summer training. In addition to a Federal and State update, WFAA will provide two NASFAA U Courses as a part of the 2017 Summer Training Workshops
July 18th, 2017 – WSU Vancouver
July 25th, 2017 – Whitworth University, Spokane
-- REGISTER NOW --
|9:00 – 9:05
|9:05 – 10:30
||NASFAA U Verification
|10:30 – 10:45
|10:30 – 12:00
||NASFAA U Professional Judgment
|12:00 – 1:30
||No host lunch (a list of local options will be provided on the day of the event)
||On your own!
|1:30 – 2:00
||NASFAA U Workbook Activity
|2:00 – 3:00
||Federal Update (via webinar)
|3:00 – 4:00
NASFAA U offers a nationally-recognized, consistent, and rigorous program of education in administering the Title IV student financial aid programs. Both new and seasoned financial aid professionals will benefit from a NASFAA U education.
The WFAA Summer training will feature two courses:
- Verification – learn the concepts of verification, including when verification is required, what elements are required to be verified, and other key elements of the verification process.
- Professional Judgment – guiding principles and assist in professional judgment application on your campus to navigate the explicit and implicit guidelines that must be followed in relation to other aspects of Title IV federal student aid administration.
Normally, these two courses would run $416 ($109 each for the study guides and $99 each to sit for the certification exam). The registration fee for this pre-conference training is only $40 for 17-18 WFAA members and $85 for non-WFAA members.
With your registration fee, you'll get:
- Printed study guide for both courses.
- Over three hours of instruction by a NASFAA-Credentialed WFAA colleague.
- Opportunity to learn and collaborate with other financial aid professionals.
- Federal and Washington State update from our associates at ED and WSAC.
- Two chances to take and pass the NASFAA Certification exam.
- The NASFAA Credential upon successful completion of the exam.
Don't miss out on this opportunity (the savings will more than cover the cost of conference registration)! Get quality training on these timely topics and save hundreds!
$40 for 2017-18 WFAA members
$85 for those wanting to purchase WFAA membership
$85 for non-WFAA members
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
The last day to cancel and request a refund is July 14th, 2017. No request for refunds will be honored after close of business on this date. All requests for cancellations and refunds must be made in writing. Please make sure to provide the name and address of the cancelling registrant. To request a cancellation/refund, please email WFAA Vice Present for Training Sarah Everitt (email@example.com).
-- Download the FA101 Presentation --
Other Training Opportunities:
Nowhere else can you get the depth and breadth of the professional development opportunities that NASFAA offers. Every year, NASFAA provide a wide variety of programs for experienced, intermediate, and beginning financial aid officers. Visit their website for more information on potential training events and opportunities.
Training from Other Federal Servicers
Click for MyGreatLakes Training
Click for Nelnet Training