2017 WFAA Annual Conference
The Hilton Hotel Vancouver, October 11-13th, 2017.
Located in downtown Vancouver, Washington.
-- Registration Closed --
-- Download the Draft Agenda --
The conference will be located in beautiful Vancouver at the Hilton Vancouver, which is nestled in the heart of Vancouver adjacent to Esther Short Park. This year's theme is "The Branches of Financial Aid", which reflects both the conference's northwest setting as well as the many ever-growing areas in financial aid and higher education. This year's agenda will include presentations from our regional (WASFAA) and national (NASFAA) professional organizations, as well as interest sessions from federal and state leaders and a keynote address from a legislative advisor. Needless to say, you will not want to miss this conference!
Clock Hours for Counseling Certification | Pre-Conference Session
Things to Do in the Area | Hotel Reservation Info | Getting To the Conference
Clock Hours for Counseling Certification:
8 clock hours will be available for attendees who need them for counseling certification. Please follow these steps to get set up to receive your clock hours.
- 5 days prior to the event you must create an account on pdEnroller (https://pdenroller.org/) and register for the sessions. The Event # is 49322 and the Course # is OLAB-0197. Failure to do these steps on time may result in a delay or refusal of clock hour issuance. Attendees have 90 days from the date of the event to purchase clock hours before the late fees accrue. Attached are instructions.
- Be sure to sign-in at the attached sessions when you attend them.
- Enjoy the conference!
The Pre-Conference session features two NASFAA University courses: Verification (learn the concepts of verification, including when verification is required, what elements are required to be verified, and other key elements of the verification process) and Professional Judgment (guiding principles and assist in professional judgment application on your campus to navigate the explicit and implicit guidelines that must be followed in relation to other aspects of Title IV federal student aid administration). Normally, these two courses would run $416 ($109 each for the study guides and $99 each to sit for the certification exam). The registration fee for this pre-conference training is only $40 for 17-18 WFAA members and $85 for non-WFAA members.
What you'll get:
- Printed study guide for both courses.
- Over three hours of instruction by a NASFAA-Credentialed WFAA colleague.
- Opportunity to learn and collaborate with other financial aid professionals.
- Two chances to take and pass the NASFAA Certification exam.
- The NASFAA Credential upon successful completion of the exam.
Don't miss out on this opportunity (the savings will more than cover the cost of pre-conference registration)! Get quality training on these timely topics and save hundreds!
Things to Do in the Area:
- Across the street from Esther Short Park-- a wonderful public park that features beautiful landscaping, a bell tower, walking paths, playgrounds and a fabulous farmers market every Saturday.
- Several micro-breweries, art galleries and boutique shops within walking distance
- Bar, lounge and coffee bar located on the hotel property
- 1 mile to historic Fort Vancouver
- 1 mile to Pearson Air Museum
- 1.2 miles to Columbia River and Waterfront Renaissance Trail
- .3 miles to Regal movie theater
- 10 miles to tax-free shopping across the river in Oregon State
- Additional tourism information available at: www.visitvancouverusa.com
Hotel Reservation Info:
The hotel conference rate is $169 for a single king or double queen room, plus taxes and charges. Check-in begins at 4:00 pm and Check-out ends at 12:00 pm.
Reservations can be made by calling the hotel directly at 360-993-4500 or via the hotel website at www.vancouverwashington.hilton.com and entering the group code "WFA".
Make your reservations soon as the room rate cut off date is September 10th.
Parking options: $18 (self-parking in secured garage) or $23 (valet). FREE parking available for hybrid vehicles.
Complimentary Wi-Fi, fitness center and indoor pool and pet-friendly rooms (for additional fee) are available.
Getting To the Conference:
Hilton Vancouver Washington
301 W 6th St, Vancouver, WA 98660
Map and Driving Directions
Airport – Portland International Airport (PDX)
Round trip transportation to/from the SeaTac airport is easy and accessible by car, taxi, and ride shares-- such as Uber or Lyft.
Portland International Airport (PDX) Travel Distance to the hotel: Approximately 12 miles.
Train - Vancouver Amtrak Station
Why not relax on a south-bound train from Seattle to Vancouver? Round-trip fares are around $70.
Vancouver Station Travel Distance to the hotel: Approximately 0.7 mile.
2017 Annual Conference Presentations